Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Fishing You a Very Happy Birthday"

Largemouth Bass Close Up
So, my dad's birthday is tomorrow... and he likes to fish... so I made him this card. LOL!!! I bought a largemouth bass stamp specifically for this card... but I had no idea what the dern fish looked like. So, I "Googled it"... and found a picture to go by. Then, I used my Copics and creativity and voila! Ha! I colored two of these bad boys... and then cut out the second one to add some dimension. You can't really tell by the pics how 3D he really is. This fish is literally popping out from the paper. I even made him rounded and put some Glossy Accents on him so he looks "wet". Tee hee! Let me know what y'all think. I think my dear old dad will like it! :0)

Card Front

Fishing You... close up

Card Interior

Water Detail

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Great card, it looks so real!! Where did you get the fish stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! I got it at the craft show we had here recently... but it is a company called Gray Wolf. Here is their site... they have TONS of cool stamps and stuff...

    http://www.graywolfgraphicsrubberstamps.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I found your blog on another site. That fish image look so real, wow!
    Fabulous Card!- I like how colouring the eye's fish look so real. ;-)
    Beautiful blog!
    I'm your new follower.
    Greetings from Puerto Rico.
    -Sony
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Sonia! Glad to have you here! :) Thanks for your praise! I thought the fish turned out really well too! His eye is actually a fish eyeball sticker I got from the same vendor that I bought the stamp from, Gray Wolf. They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angie!! What a great site, especially if I want to make some manly cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fish looks so real! AMAZING!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Hope you enjoy the freebies.

    ReplyDelete