Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Prismacolors and Gamsol...

The verdict?? I'm not really sure I like this technique. Here is my first attempt at it... it just doesn't seem to work as well as I've seen on some tutorials. What am I doing wrong???? I'm using actual Gamsol brand... actual Prismacolor pencils (the expensive ones, but I got them for 40% off... tee hee!) and paper blending stumps. I tried tortillians (spelling??) first and those REALLY didn't work. Ha!


I just don't know... I can do SO much better blending with my Copics or even watercolors. Whatcha think?

4 comments:

  1. Looks fine to me...but here's a tip that I learned from a fellow cardmaker, and it works wonders. You know those ranger nib ends you can purchase? (Available at Michael's). Use those to blend! Work like a charm. I usually lay a very dark line of color around the perimeter and blend inwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I will have to try these nibs then! :) Thanks for the input. I a-per-shiate it!

    (And BTW, Blogger wouldn't let me comment as myself again!!!!! Ugh! Pain in da booty!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may want to try putting down a little more color before using the Gamsol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to suggest what Donna said. I blend with baby oil and stumps and colour the whole image lightly first before blending. Not sure if the effect would be the same with Gamsol though

    Found you on the Outlawz follow me thread. Now following :)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete